Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Half Marathon and Super Bowl Sunday

I ran my first half marathon on super bowl Sunday. I started getting back into running about 6 months ago and the surf city course was something I have wanted to run since I was 25. Taking the plunge to sign up was just the push I needed to get back at it. Training was pretty rough with 3 kids and working but it was all worth it just to pass the finish line. This course is definitely one I want to do again 
 Ryan and I got a hotel room for Saturday night since the race started at 7:45am. I had to work Saturday so we headed down to the beach around 3. We went straight to the registration area to get my bib
 after we checked into the hotel room we headed to this Italian restaurant. It was an hour and half wait for a table but it really was worth it.....delicious food
 Ryan's seafood soup. I forgot to get a pic of my shrimp pasta but it was very good


 all ready to go



 and we're off

 I was so nervous for this race because my hip was really bothering me ( a result from a shin injury) I ran the whole thing without stopping....I really had to push hard after mile 10 but as soon as I saw that finish line it was all worth it. Ryan was even waiting for me at mile 12 and jumped in to run with me a bit. All in all it was a great experience and something I want to keep up and improve at 
 awesome finish metals 
 after the race we headed straight to my parents house to watch the big game 
 little miss Maria 






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Champion Chrisi 👏👍👍❌⭕️🏆 great pics of the kids. Luv your blogs !!